Who is required to take registration? And time limit?
Any taxable service provider whose turnover during financial year crosses Rs.9 lakh is required to take registration under service tax.
Within 30 days of crossing the turnover threshold limits.
Service tax Provider can also take VOLUNTAREE REGISTRATION
When to pay service tax?
Service provider should charge and pay to government service tax @ effective rate (currently 14.5%) on gross amount of taxable service when the turnover of taxable service crosses Rs.10 Lakh in any financial year.
E-Payment Of Service Tax Link
Procedure Of Registration?
||Type Of Payee
||Time Of Payment
||Sole Proprietor,Partnership Firm,Huf
||Monthly .. 5th Day Of Following Month
1. Create login to the aces.gov.in
2. Fill in form ST 1
3. Pay the required fees
4. Upload and take print of Form
5. Attach the necessary documents and send it to the jurisdictional superintendent.
Documents Requred For Registration
1. Constitution of Business E.g. MOA, AOA, Partnership deed, Certificate of Incorporation, Shop Act license.
2. Address Proof of Business: lease deed/rent deed, proof of ownership electricity bill and index II.
3. Identity Proof of Applicant: Pan Card, aadhar card, driving license which is self attested.
4. Board resolution in case of company.
5. List of Directors and Partners.
6. copy of Pan card of business entity
7. Details of Bank Account. (Cancelled Cheque)
Who Is Required To File Return? Frequency?
||Extent Of Delay
||Upto 6 Month
||6 Month To 1 Year
||1 Year Above
Every taxable service provider registered under service tax is compulsorily required to file the return half yearly basis even his turnover is nil during the period.
e.g. for the First half (April to September ) due date is 25th October
For next Half (October to March) Due date is 25th April.
Consequences Of Late Filling Of Return
||Extent Of Delay
||First 15 Days
||15 To 30 Days
||More Than 30 Days
||RS.1000 + RS. 100 PER DAY BEYOND 30 DAYS
||Maximum Late Fee Is 20,000/-