1. An applicant will fill Form 49B online and submit the form.
2. If there are any errors, rectify them and re-submit the form.
3. A confirmation screen with all the data filled by the applicant will be displayed.
4. The applicant may either edit or confirm the same.
1. On confirmation, an acknowledgment screen will be displayed. The acknowledgment consists of:
- A unique 14-digit acknowledgment number
- Status of applicant
- Name of applicant
- Contact details (address, e-mail and telephone number)
- Payment details
- Space for signature
2. Applicant shall save and print this acknowledgment.
3. Signature / Left thumb impression should only be within the box provided in the acknowledgment. In case of applicants other than 'Individuals', the authorised signatory shall sign the acknowledgment.
4. Left hand Thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
|Category of applicant||Authorized person whose credit card / debit card / net banking can be used for making the payment|
|Company/Branch/Division of a company||Any Director of the Company|
|Individual (Sole Proprietorship) / Branch of individual business||Self|
|Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)||Karta|
|Firm / Branch of firm||Any partner of the firm|
|Association of Persons/Body of Individuals/ Association of Persons (Trusts)/Artificial Juridical Person||Authorized signatory covered under section 140 of Income Tax Act, 1961|